Part-Time Content Writer
Seeking talented individual to create compelling social media and web content, blog posts, press releases and ad copy. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills and experience using a variety of social media platforms. This candidate will research and write relevant articles and posts based on various topics that will appeal to a unique target audience and expand readership to our clients’ sites. This person must have a strong grasp of the English language: understand grammar, punctuation, and how to use a thesaurus to produce unique, diversified, original copy.
– Fluent with social media platforms and strategy: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin
– Adaptable and flexible to create content about a wide variety of topics, accommodating clients in a multitude of industries
– Excellent writing, storytelling, and communication skills through social media
– Possess a “strategy mindset” around community creation to actively come up with ideas and campaigns for client social media accounts
– Ability to create compelling social content that makes people excited to like, comment, and share
– Cultivate new content ideas and brainstorm innovative content formats
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
– College-level written and verbal communication skills required
– Writers currently working towards a higher education degree in Communication or Writing preferred
– Basic knowledge of writing for SEO and keyword optimization is a plus
– Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact and Adobe is a plus
– Write original content for articles, blog posts, press releases, emails, newsletters and social media posts
– Create, schedule and distribute social media for multiple clients
– Actively manage and promote blogs and pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms for multiple clients
– Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers using SEO best practices to generate traffic to client sites
– Edit content produced by other members of the team
– Research and produce new content for website pages and landing pages that is optimized for search engines
– Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed
– Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
Position is part-time and will require 10 to 15 hours per week at our office in League City.
Please email your resume, weekly availability, link to your portfolio/any examples of written content (blog posts, articles for college publications, etc.) and/or social media work to email@example.com for consideration. Thanks!